302 with gt40p heads horsepower

ford 302 sbf gt40p v8 cast iron complete cylinder head and head bolts and head gasket set. They suffered from poor aftermarket support up until about 15 years ago when it really came on strong. I got a set of AFR heads , night and day. No-option stripper- I like strippers. i'd love to use these heads,. I am very happy too. This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Holten runs the factory fan, but he had removed it when he ran the 12.63. Limited header choice is certainly a challenge. Boy, were we surprised with the results. I have a 66 mustang with its original untouched 289 with over 140 k on it that Ive been running a blow thru turbo making 14 lbs of boost on for the last 5 years and its never given me a problem. On slicks the car went some low 7.70s right at 90mph. As with Chevrolet's small-block engine, the aftermarket has had dozens of years to expand the range and reduce the cost of the parts they offer for this engine. Come join the discussion about popular models such as the Mustang, Galaxie, Falcon, Fairlane, Torino, Shelby and many more! Actually the regular gt40's in either aluminum or iron are the good ones but the gt40p's are only a slight improvement over regular 302 heads. Despite adding 30 degrees of intake duration, this cam improved torque throughout the entire test from 3,000 rpm on up. If you go with a diffrent cam, make sure you change springs, The Trick Flow kit comes with everything for around $130. These are a great head but do need some machining mods to make they really work well. We've already been motivated to put this engine in a buddy's Mustang. Compare. I am working on a set of iron GT40s hoping it goes faster. The reason for this is that we're actually replacing mildly worked E7TE heads. First, adding headers will improve power on the existing combination. Going from your heads to the GT40p heads will bump your compression by about a point.so hello bottom end torque. I'm running stock GT40 heads with stock 4.000 bore on cylinders and a Lunati cam with 256/262; Duration @ .050 (Int/Exh): 213/219; Gross Valve Lift (Int/Exh): .483/.499; LSA/ICL: 112/108. You will have to get special headers to fit these heads since the spark plugs are angled differently than normal 5.0 heads. With the engine reassembled, we boxed up our second camshaft and headed for Westech's dyno. VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. Aside from the cost of the nitrous itself, this setup should cost you little more than a stock rebuild using all brand new parts. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. I wouldnt recommend reusing lifters though. In a lightweight Fox or early Mustang with a five-speed behind it, this would be a great little street engine. Then why did you port the heads and how do you know if you made an improvement. I must agree with Jeff Smith. 68 Mustang GT/CS Highland Green, PS, PB & Console, C Code w/C4 & 3.55 8 rear, If you aren't using the GT40P's stock, with maybe a spring upgrade and valve job, they aren't worth it anymore. These are some of the pictures I have showing the Explorer manifolds. Because of this, your tuneup will probably need to be modified. #2::: Get advice from a reptile engine builder with experience(first flag for me is when somebody refers to an ENGINE as a MOTOR! Ported Hurricane Single Plane and custom 750 HP. For the cherry on top of this Blue Oval desert, we bolted Mike Thermos' simple Powerstar plate nitrous system under the carburetor, installed the 140-hp jets (55 fuel and 55 nitrous), and used the trigger to retard the timing on the MSD ignition by 8 degrees. Horse Sense: The smaller valves found in GT-40P heads improve airflow velocity. The headers will improve this airflow throughout the entire rpm rangeadding more torque and horsepower. We set the timing to 34 degrees and rejetted the carburetor to get our desired 12.5:1 air/fuel ratio. Plus you will need to drill all the head bolt holes out as the 351W uses larger head bolts. The action you just performed triggered the security solution. Yank a motor out of the junkyard, clean it up, add a camshaft, intake, and a carburetor, and see how much power we can squeeze out of it. Save narve00 I've not seen a set of longtubes that have an issue with GT40P's, either. LOW-BUCK 302 FORD HEAD UPGRADE Richard Holdener 239K subscribers 189K views 2 years ago WESTECH PERFORMANCE GROUP WHAT'S IT WORTH? Central Coast Mustang sells GT-40P heads at a great price, making them a viable alternative in a market flooded with performance head choices. The longer duration created a slight loss of torque below 3,300 rpm compared to both previous cams, but beyond that mild loss of power, the bigger Voodo out-powered its smaller cousin, cranking out a peak torque of 355 lb-ft at 4,300 (a gain of 7 lb-ft over Test 2) and charging to a peak horsepower of 376 at 6,000 rpm. We were cruising the 'yard a while back and located a 2000 Ford Explorer with an EFI 5.0L V-8 engine. Even with a stock Mustang 5.0 cam makes good power. Learn how your comment data is processed. However, stepping up in the performance head market will set you back more than $1,200 for a decent pair of aluminum castings--and that's straight out of the box, with no porting. GT40Ps have 58cc. Theres many options available for a little more power. BONUS TEST-FOUR DIFFERENT 302 INTAKES.. I got rid of the carburetor and went with a F.A.S.T. Once you get into the FoMoCo aftermarket aluminum GT40s though, all bets are off. Ive been building ENGINES for 40+ years. I plan on running a AFM b31 cam too which has relatively small duration for the intake valve. Ford GT40P 302 5.0L 4 Bar Cylinder Head Assembly Pair w/ 1/2" Head Bolt Hole. Here is my setup. Once the headers are in place, then you can consider if you still want more power. 69.90.139.244 He has worked as a tractor-trailer driver and mechanic, a rigger at a fire engine factory and as a race-car driver and builder. It has underdrive pulleys, MSD ignition, Bassanni headers and forward exit exhaust. As with all head installations, check piston-to-valve clearance before final startup. The only failures Ive had were timing chains and a couple broken rods in a mid 80s 302 with 200,000 miles on it that got about 35 lbs of boost stuffed into it when a pop off valve I bought on ebay failed. I have managed to get 402 horse power from a 289 hipo natural aspirated. SB Ford GT40 Drop In Valve Springs Kit, Hyd Roller w/ Stock Cam, .450" lift and below. Perhaps even more surprising was how well this engine idled, calmly purring with 16 inches of manifold vacuum at 980 rpm. Do not ever, ever think about using the tube type manifolds. After we installed the heads and with the fan off, he ran a 12.46 at 107.9. Anyways, I know the gt40ps will bump . GT40p heads peak horsepower was [email protected] with 363ft/[email protected] The worked 351 heads showed peak . I'll prob take a trip up there this weekend after scavenging the junkyards, thanks a million. '85 GT vert two tone (white on charcoal)white leather, http://www.facebook.com/groups/233213650060739/, http://www.summitracing.com/parts/TFS-2500100/, ascMcLaren & Motorsport/Grand Prix IV Capris, RHD and Other International/Export Models, Mods, Maintenance & Mechanical FAQs/Archive, If this is your first visit, be sure to Compare. Real world data seems to show that GT40 or GT40P cylinder heads, assuming no other mods on your Foxbody, are good to add anywhere between 20-40 HP (over stock heads). I got a GT40P off the assembly line years ago. Really hurt too. This 1979-1995 Mustang cylinder head and camshaft guide will overview the heads and cams we offer and how they will coincide. Thank You. Tim's junkyard refugee survived the beating and we had a bitchin' story. #1:::Throw out all your Magazines that suggest what to do! Can I run the new cam with the same roller hydraulic lifters or do I have to change the lifters too? You'll have to plug the oil hole that is in the engine from the old oil dipstick. You can find them on later model Mercury Mountaineers and several other Ford SUV applications. But what we were most impressed with was the solid gain in torque over the smaller Voodoo cam from 3,500 and up. We guarantee plenty of burnout action when you add GT-40P heads to your 5.0 Mustang. Not *as* good as the GT40p heads, but I'd prefer to not have to worry about exhaust fitment issues, or have a narrow range of what I can work with. Within a few hours of his discovery, the engine was sitting in the back of his truck on its way to a new home. Their weak point is that the rotator used on the exhaust valve is very thick. How much HP and torque do you think I. You can email the site owner to let them know you were blocked. What would be the best cam and springs to use for these heads in a 302 Windsor? Install a set of GT-40P cylinder heads from a late 1990's Ford Explorer or a set of GT40 heads from an early 1990's Mustang 5.0L. Sponsored. The GT40 and GT40P cylinder heads are highly sought after, but how do they stack up against other cylinder heads, and is it worth it to upgrade the Fox Body's stock heads? The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. In 1987, he assumed the role of editor for Hot Rod magazine before returning to his first love of writing technical stories. At the dragstrip, we gained two-tenths and 2 mph. You could run a thinner head gasket as well. AFR 165 Heads | Have options for pedestal mounted rocker arms or stud mounted rocker arms. For this reason, we're not sure what kind of boost the GT-40P heads will give. I think one of the finer traits of a true car guy, is the patience to put a prized car away and just let it sit for a while rather than selling it when life gets in the way. Its NA but makes use of AFR heads and some other aftermarket goodies. . Yeah, except those. a) ain't early and b) aren't 289 heads. Ford GT40P 302 5.0L 4 Bar Cylinder Head Assembly Pair w/ 1/2" Head Bolt Hole. Depends on the budget. Related Resources Mustang Generation Nicknames: What Do They Mean? The entire front accessory drive and timing chain cover must be removed, along with the distributor and intake manifold. As usual, there is much more to this story. If we subtract the 20 hp that the fan is worth, we end up with a gain of 25 hp. There are too many variables to add to this regarding aftermarket stroker kits or components. I spin it to 6500 and thats about it. Calculating pushrod length Richard Holdener 240K subscribers Subscribe 63K views 1 year ago WESTECH PERFORMANCE GROUP LOW BUCK, GT40P 5.0L HEADS-CHEAP &. This will follow the guideline of a 1.6 rocker baseline and factory bottom end 79-95 related 5.0L Mustangs only. Well offer one as an example. It runs smooth but seems lazy. I'm wondering how these heads will interact with the paxton 1220 sl supercharger I'm trying to put on. fordfan289, Aug 27, 2011 We did the installation at Holten's place of employment, Motorworks, in Longwood, Florida. These are among the best of the iron Ford Windsor heads as they tend to flow much better than earlier castings. THANKS VERY MUCH! I had those on my car before I upgraded and they were nice heads. The best thing to do would be to use a specific break-in oil for the first 200 to 300 miles of use to reduce the change of a potential problem with undue wear. Over $2050 for the 165/185 renegades. If you're running a stock cam, 1.7 rockers will work perfectly. I recall having an absolute blast with my old K-code coupe back in the day. The '00 Ford Explorers and Mercury Moutaineers were factory equipped with one of Ford's better 5.0L motors. An aggressive cam will wake it up a bit. The cost of a new set of standard replacement roller lifters is very affordable at major retailers like Summit. at the crank. With the GT-40P heads you will need to back off the timing a couple degrees and bump up the fuel pressure. Most of the time, GT-40 heads are worth a good 20-40hp over stock heads. Not sure about that but got some pictures of the cast iron explorer manifolds on a 302. I may do some port matching and a little cleanup, otherwise just a set of springs and cam and see what I have. Your IP: $930.00 + $55.00 shipping. I need that part number too! SBF engines are modified constantly. The results were a major increase in power throughout the entire rev range, with an increase of 60hp at 4500rpm through to a peak of 279hp at 5800rpm. You didnt mention which cam you had in mind. The multiple-layer steel construction allows the gasket to conform to movement between the cylinder head and block while maintaining a good seal. Im new and Im currently building a 302 on a budget and want to raise compression without milling heads but by pistons and I want to get close to 10:1. If you have a early 351W ie pre 76 it probably . You keep stock drivability, and stock gas milage if you can stay out of boost. The valve seats have been cut on a . Well that article just got me very ancy, I want these heads!! If I remember right, non of the GT40P's (later models) had the thermactor smog provisions. check out the. OR you could put your automotive journalistic skills in motion by reporting on the many new modern components available for the latest generation 351 Cleveland. I have a 302 Windsor V8 EFI engine that I converted to a 600 cfm carburetor with a Street Warrior intake manifold. Richard Rowe has been writing professionally since 2007, specializing in automotive topics. That carbureted GT40P motor made 465 on th engine dyno with a .500" 239/244 camshaft, Holley 650 carb and Weiand Stealth intake. Sure, you could race-port the existing E7 castings, which many have done, but then you're putting quite a bit of change into stock heads. Some ideas never go out of style. We also discovered some issues with the GT40P heads that required changes, so we added valves from Manley that eliminated the exhaust-valve rotators and allowed us to set the proper valvespring installed height. 1979 Indy 500 Pace Car. The Edelbrock Performer RPM is a good choice, but Holley, Weiand and Ford Motorsport also have similar offerings. With. When compared to the new generation of performance engines on the market today like the 5.0L DOHC Coyote engine, your engine will not come close. If the head bolt holes are 1/2" or slightly larger, ARP makes the washers and can be sourced from Ford Racing or ARP through a speed shop or Summit, Jegs and PAW among others. P-heads have a smaller combustion chamber at 59cc, which will bump the compression ratio up on an otherwise-stock 5.0 engine. We also added a veteran Ford magnetic pickup distributor and used it to drive an MSD ignition system. We then dyno'd the car without the fan to get some consistency and were rewarded with a peak of 316 hp at 5,500 rpm, and 348 lb-ft of torque at 4,000 rpm. HiPo manifolds and Ill be good. Win or lose, if you buy the ticket you must take the ride. The reply has so many assumptions that I cant even assume to know the answer. I have to agree, the GT40P heads flow better than the GT40 iron heads. Both swaps made more sense when parts were readily available at the bone yard for cheap. Since the engine is nearly stock, we would want to choose a relatively mild camshaft with somewhat more lift and duration than stock, but again not going too aggressive. hole size 302 is 7/16 and 351 is 1/2 All manufactured using advanced CNC technology for the extreme durability and precision required of the modern canted valve Ford Small Block at power levels around the 1000 mark reached during recent competitions at the EMC and at the strip. A forum community dedicated to vintage Ford Mustang owners and enthusiasts. The tube headers showed a gain of almost 100 hp! Build Thread 1965 Fastback Project "Racesteed". For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. The GT40P heads flow a lot better than stock 351 heads. We probably could have coaxed an even 300 hp out of this stock configuration, but with such good numbers, we decided to jump right into the first Lunati cam. While we've seen engine dyno tests performed with GT-40P heads replacing factory E7TE castings and resulting in a boost of more than 25 hp, we have reluctantly set our horsepower gain goal at 25 ponies, as well. This kind of improvement may not seem like much, but the owner of our test car, Jamie Holten, runs in FFW Trophy Stock where three-tenths is a lifetime. I have a 5.0 from a 1992 Mustang in my 65. this is the price for one head. You will have to get special headers to fit these heads since the spark plugs are angled differently than normal 5.0 heads. No-option stripper- I like strippers. They were located in Tahachapi CA, and were sold with upgraded springs for $650.00, back in 2002-2003 ish. Our recommendation would be, rather than change the camshaft, you might want to look into adding a set of long-tube headers and a dual exhaust if the engine is not already so equipped. According to his data and verified dyno tests with an EFI 302, you can go above this level if you port the stock, lower intake manifold, or upgrade it altogether. Stock 1989 5.0L HO pistons will work if you can find them. For 2018, the Coyote makes 460 hp. But don't think that adding a bigger camshaft will make more power. There are literally a dozen or so camshaft companies that offer a mild hydraulic roller cam for a 5.0L Ford. Sponsored. Click to reveal It's a classic move we've pulled off many times. He'll have to get a gear for his distributor. T5z and 3.89 9" TL rear. MAC is the only manufacturer of these headers, and the parts we installed fit like a glove with no problems whatsoever. Since 2003, Jeff has held various positions at Car Craft (including editor), has written books on small block Chevy performance, and even cultivated an impressive collection of 1965 and 1966 Chevelles. Keywords The engine never huffed oil out of the breathers, and the spark plugs all looked excellent. 87-93-95 Ford Mustang GT40P Engine Cylinder Heads REBUILT 302 351 GT40 SBF OEM | eBay Motors, Parts & Accessories, Car & Truck Parts & Accessories | eBay! Advanced: Daily Deals; Help & Contact; Sell; My eBay Expand My . For real performance, stock E7TE heads leave a lot to be desired. 1985 Mustang GT Mild 331 4bbl 5 spd, 1985 SEFI LTD LX AOD. If this is beyond your technical ability, you could ask a local machine shop to perform the modifications. This one added another 10 degrees of duration over the smaller Voodoo cam, along with 0.020 inch more intake valve lift. This combination should be good for about 400 horsepower and as much as 500 if you opt to use the stronger aftermarket pistons. Test 1: 750-cfm carburetor, dual-plane intake manifold, and stock camshaft. Required fields are marked *. We gained 45 hp and 40 lb-ft of torque. Again, assuming this is a nearly stock 5.0L with stock heads, the Weiand Street Warrior dual plane intake and 600 cfm carburetor, its important to not become overly aggressive and choose a big camshaft. Late-model ford GT40 and GT40P heads with 1.84-inch intake valves will also flow 185 cfm at 0.50 . Holten tells us removing the fan is worth two-tenths in itself, which tells us the fan soaks up roughly 20 hp. Never not once have I ever seen a SBF rod bolt create a failure. The question was whether we wanted a torquey small-block or a more cammed-up rpm engine to boost peak horsepower. I'm an old school guy (289 in 65 mustang), and I'm just looking into the new 5.0 engine (roller cam) stuff recently. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for FORD GT40p 4 BAR HEADS IN GOOD CONDITION w/ONE BOLT BROKEN at the best online prices at eBay! Gt40 heads/intake from a jy explorer, leave the . Ford offered a performance head that was a stock part on 1993-1995 Mustang Cobra models and pre- 1997-1/2 Ford Explorers and Mercury Mountaineers equipped with the 5.0 L engine called the GT-40 head (casting ID F3ZE-AA). After graduating from Iowa State University with a journalism degree in 1978, he combined his two passions: cars and writing. For all of us interested in Gt40p heads. The only one that's close, is #7. Check my post above. Free shipping. Application Fits 1979-95 Mustang 302/351 w/ OEM Small Block Ford Heads Good Luck. Now we know why Dennis Hilliard of Central Coast Mustang is so high on these heads. 1985 Mustang GT Mild 331 4bbl 5 spd, 1985 SEFI LTD LX AOD. In addition, the cam timing was designed for torque, with duration somewhere around 190 degrees at 0.050 with roughly 0.450-inch lift. Ford's seminal 302 engine (later re-dubbed the 5.0) has been popular with budget-minded hot rodders for decades. Yeah, out of a bolt on upgrade, you'd probably be looking at 260-280rwhp ish with supporting mods. Adding the headers may also require a slight increase in secondary (and possibly primary) jetting to ensure the proper air-fuel ratio, but thats also an easy tuning change. #3::: Do your homework,get quality parts,dont skimp. These heads have been remanufactured using refaced reclaimed Factory Valves. I got lucky and found a complete Explorer GT40P engine online. In order to make Coyote-type power you will need some expensive, high-flow cylinder heads with a short block that can withstand spinning in excess of 6,500 rpm. As a final goal, we decided to bolt on a simple nitrous system and see if we could push this little small-block Ford to make some real power. A trip to Orlando Speed World provided us with updated quarter-mile times. I went to a couple in Tucson and almost all the Ford vehicles that came with a 5.0 had the heads missing. Instructions on porting the GT-40p heads here. I would like to know what heads, cam and intake manifold combination to use for the most HP I can squeeze out of that motor. 1983 Mustang G.T. That's fantastic for the minimal investment we made. In an effort to preserve the history of the Early Fox Era, FEP covers the following vehicles: 79-86 Mustang and Capri, 84-86 Mustang SVO, 78-83 Fairmont & Zephyr, 83-86 LTD & Marquis, 80-88 Thunderbird & Cougar, 82-87 Continental, 84-92 Mark VII, 81-82 Granada. Anythoughts? With no other changes we gained 25 hp using factory iron heads. $700.98. Paying a premium for a set of GT40P heads or dumping money into some to get their performance to rival aftermarket is not for me. Is asking advice for a fairly common situation involving parts with mandatory compatibility between the two for performance and longevity. I'm sure the dyno operator used some goofball correction factor to make the numbers look higher. What you are trying to do is to increase the amount of airflow through the engine in order to make more power. GT40s have 64cc chambers. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. i've got a short block started, and i recently came across a set of GT40P heads for FREE ( love family members). Come join the discussion about performance, production numbers, VIN decoders, modifications, troubleshooting, power adders, DIY tutorials, and more! When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. Dennis Hilliard of Central Coast says we can expect to gain three-tenths in the quarter-mile. 97% Positive Feedback . Purchase any used aftermarket manifold for the 302 that is designed to function in the 3,500 to 6,500 power band. The SUV indicated barely 120,000 on the clock, and after yanking the valve covers to judge the engine's condition, Tim Moore instantly made the decision to do the boneyard version of a smash-and-grab. Pride is built, in your garage, with your two hands. Don't let the fact that the iron GT40 heads have a larger exhaust valve fool you. JUNKYARD GT40P HEADS-ADD 30+ HP TO YOUR 5.0L (FOR FREE?) If you're not a header kind of guy, the repro 289 HIPO manifolds bolt up to the GT40P heads with plenty of spark plug room. Please include what you were doing when this page came up and the Cloudflare Ray ID found at the bottom of this page. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. Would have liked to see a comparison done on the same short block using a set of decently-ported early non-Thermactor iron heads Tracy Blackford, 65 Mustang FB, 331 built with 289 H beam rods and 383W piston, 282S cam, self ported '70 351w heads, Dougs Tri-Y headers. Stock valve sizes? Assorted screwdrivers, pliers and vise-grips. However there are plenty of factory heads that with the help of an experienced machine shop can be great. The GT40 heads are a bit more versatile, working with the 5.4 and 6.8, while the GT40P (Explorer/Mountaineer) heads will only work on the 6.8 due to an interference issue. However, when we dyno'd the car before installing the GT-40P heads, the fan was on the car. Slover primarily focused on the exhaust side of the GT40P heads. Part of this reason is due to its inherent strength and simplicity, but a lot of it has to do with how little Ford has changed it over the years. A forum community dedicated to Ford Mustang owners and enthusiasts. Assuming the above configurationa pushrod 5.0L will potentially make between 250 and 260 hp. PTP Engineering front suspension and 25540R17s all around. . Beyond the engine's amazingly good appearance, Moore had a couple of good reasons for choosing this engine. Hey Motorheadty,Like your comments,question for ya,I have a 92 convertible,just bought a 5.0 out of a 94 gt that was just freshened up top end,gt40p heads w/new springs etc for the new E303 cam,new FRP roller lifters,Crane 1.7 rockers,hardened push rods,double roller timing set,all put on a bottom end w/104000 miles,needless to say previous owner pulled said engine after 800 miles and now building a 351,I pulled engine down my machinest,putting forged internals in and bolting everything back together,I want to run about a 150 shot N2o,and iam going carb,wondering which intake would be best w/the 150 shot,heard that dual planes might not be the way to go? But the part about a cam replacement possibly being a labor intensive undertaking is correct. GT 500; Posts: 8496; Location: Brisbane . how hard to put on? well i finally did my first ever carb build, ive always been an EFI guy Black 1985 GT: 408w, in the 6's in the 1/8 mile. There was an article in Hot Rod magazine in the mid '80's where Jon Kaase was developing 351w packages. The car weighs #2835 with driver. Yea. In mid-1997, the Explorer and Mountaineer 5.0 L heads were revised and renamed . This needs to be removed and different exhaust valves, retainers, and valve springs added to turn this into a decent street head. 302 explorer short block with roughly 80k miles GT40's from a local u pull n pay ($97) weiand x-celerator trick flow stage 1 cam 650 holley double pumper car made 322/329 SAE . Thanks for the help, I was planning on puttingin roller rockers or at least new springs, and that engine looks great, hoppfully mine will look at least similar to that one of these days. There are a lot of variables that must be addressed to give a better estimate, but a good basic estimate is 20-40 HP at the crank. Ive bought wrecking yard SBFs and put 20 lbs of boost to them and spin them to 7000 and made 500 HP with several of them. The 302 uses smaller 7/16" head bolts and your "P" heads may or may not require the step washers. I view the GT40P heads similar to Granada brakes. So . I was looking at putting on the GT40P heads on. Have fun, be safe, enjoy. However, theres a distinct possibility that I might pull all of my hair out if I see another in-depth article explaining how I, along with just over a billion other desperate humans seeking answers, need special valve spring split locks for my next tired Chevy build. REMANUFACTURED FORD 302 5.0 COBRA GT40 CYLINDER HEADS. 1.7 shaft rockers and beehives. You didnt provide a lot of information about the engine itself, Im assuming its 85 or newer ( roller cam) May need a freshen up of the bottom end if compression is the issue. With the P-heads requiring pedestal-mount rockers, we also called up Crane Cams for a set of 1.6 pedestal-mount roller rockers. I'd get the gt40 setup, and put an s trim on it. JavaScript is disabled. The kit offers adjustable power from 50 to 250 hp with a simple jet change. We compare the GT40s to modern cylinder heads as well as other heads from the era. Step 2. This will keep you from dropping your overall static compression ratio and losing power. If you're going to use the stock 289 heads, install 1.84-inch intake valves, then port the intake and exhaust; these mods will net you about 185 cfm of intake port flow at 0.50 lift. They almost seem like flywheel numbers rather than RWHP numbers. Install a set of 1.7:1 roller-tipped rocker arms on the heads. There is a better way. Mac and Ford Motorsport both make a GT40P spacific header.

Glasgow, Gorbals 1950s, Rafa Benitez Heart Attack Liverpool, Is Andrew Wincott Married, Physical Therapy 151 Main Street Shrewsbury, Ma, Directorio Municipio De Ponce, Articles OTHER

302 with gt40p heads horsepower