alendronic acid has destroyed my life

What is Alendronic acid 70mg tablets used for? Do not take this drug if you have mild to severe kidney problems. Unfortunately, Im pretty intolerant to most drugs, other than HRT, which I took for 5 years without any side effects and made me feel fantasticuntil my GP refused to prescribe them once I reached 50. I have been reluctant to start this course of medication due to the possible side effects and negative responses from the enquiries I have made regarding the drug. Inhibiting osteoclast function, as bisphosphonates do, lessens bone resorption. Ive taken a covid test because these days thats what you do if you feel ill at all. Its now Friday and still feeling joint pain all over my back, its lessened but it seems to have moved from my right to left side? Instead of the exercising I need and want to be doing, my muscles are weakening, my joints ache, my tendons burn and my bones are probably crumbling away. Hi,all these comments are really helping me to decide not to take anymore Alendronic Acid,I had my Dexa scan September 2017 and was diognosed with Osteoporosis and prescribed AA and Cal D3. I asked her how long wil it take for the fosamax to leave my body, and when will this pain stop. She had to wait months and eventually had the hip replacement. Another problem that really concerns me is that my teeth feel rough, as though the surface is eroding. This way, youll prevent any irritation in your throat or esophagus. Hello Barbara My wrists were swollen, aching. Ohh my Goodness thank you so much for your post. I thought, as I was 53 and just into the menopause, it would be sensible to have my bones scanned and was shocked to be told I too have osteoporosis in the spine. I was wondering if the side effects of the drug actually go away, and if they do, how soon can I expect to see some sort of improvement? This was after I had in some detail again described to him how prior to a jerking episode, my muscles pulled tighter and tighter before a violent release .. he metaphorically patted me on the head and told me to go and have a massage. It is a condition when you have fragile bones, making you prone to bone fractures or breaks from daily activities such as walking or standing. This drug is also used to treat Paget's disease. In April 2010 I went back to my gym routine, and within a few weeks the second jerking episode occurred. From day one my tummy was not happy & after 8 weeks I suddenly became severely constipated (Literally overnight !!!) Just had to reply to your post! I am 62, healthy and active. Never in my life have I read as many horror stories and am dumbfounded that medication like this is still being prescribed. Anything more and pressure builds in my head, I feel lightheaded, my ears ring and my muscles jerk happily away by themselves. She was put on Alendronic acid as she had a fall broke her wrist and has had breast cancer. Hello very interested in everyones comments, I was put on alendronic acid tablets two years ago since I had osteoporosis in the hips. Like just for a moment I couldnt remember where I kept my masking tape. Methods: This was a randomised, double-masked, double-dummy multicentre international study (75 centres in 27 countries in . What an awful position to be in! You uesly get shake from over active thyroid, I know because that what I have, I have been put on alendronic, I havent taken them yet, its very frigthening, not sure what to do, Im 63 and have gone to the gym most ofy life, I dont want to there guinea pig,. Yet we women know when something is not right we seek help only to be fobbed off by stupid replys from doctors only to get rid of us . Its essential to take calcium supplements and vitamin D3 at least 2-4 hours before your first dose of alendronic acid. I called my doctor and will go in tomorrow morning, even though pain resolved. They can help to: prevent bone loss caused by hormone therapy and other cancer treatments. For all patients: Dental practitioners should ask about current or past use of reduce the risk of fractures in people with osteoporosis. If you suddenly stop taking the drug, you might experience severe side effects, putting you at high risk of more bone fractures. Taking alendronic acid for at least a year can halve your chances of fractures in your wrist, hip, or spine when youve entered the menopausal stage. He said the result was impossible and after another Dexa scan Im told I have osteopenia in my hip and spine. I found it all extremely interesting and worrying. I was told that it was very uncommon what happened to me, and it was my choice to take it again next week or not. Extra C/D also. Ive just discovered that lack of it can be at the root of fatigue, depression, low body temperature, and many other issues. Alendronic acid belongs to a group of non-hormonal medicines known as bisphosphonates, which prevent bone loss from the body. Ive been prescribed alendronic acid now as although doing very well year later, my new doctor is concerned about my bone and muscle condition. Having read & researched online information regarding side effects I accepted that I needed to take the Prednisolone but was not comfortable with ADCAL 3D + Alendronic Acid & especially since my Vitamin D level was so good but was advised to take them taking into account my age of 73years. I have been taking this drug since 2006 only to be told today at a meds review that it should only be used for a limited time. I have now been off Alendronic acid for two weeks or so, and at the moment im not noticing very much improvement. It works by slowing down the production of the cells that wear down bone (osteoclasts). You can only stop taking alendronic acid when your doctor says so. Carole, you say you were meant to have another scan in 3 years, that is disgraceful that you have not had this. She is very upset as to how this medication has impacted her. I will never take drugs like yours again. It is usually administered as a pill and given to those with conditions that affect the bones like Paget's disease and osteoporosis. I compared it with strontium ranelate, which was the drug my sister was taking, and the strontium appeared to have better results. Peripheral neuropathy in the hands and fingers. I am 55 years old female and took 1 70mg dose of Alendronic Acid 2 weeks ago after being diagnosed with osteoporosis after a Dexa scan. Please talk to your doctor about this. My recent BMD test shows i have esteoporosis. It can support your bones depending on how long you have taken medicine. have been taking the drugs, with 3 years seen as a threshold point for an increased likelihood of adverse effects. Ive not been offered another dexascan in four years but if this swelling goes down my GP can decide what he wants to do about treatment, if any. When I showed this to my GP, he said that is not correct and the book was wrong. Took one tablet within 24hrs experienced labour pains & felt like Id been kicked by a horse in the back continued for 4 days, gradually wore off and I refused to take another Alendronic pill again. I have been taking alendronic acid and adcal D3 for several months, since starting these drugs I have developed a very dry sore mouth and tongue with much reduced flow of saliva, also I have much reduced sense of taste. Editorial Note: We want any accounts of adverse or interesting events on drugs or new uses for drugs from people on them or doctors, pharmacists or others trying to manage the effects of drugs. This pain was far worse than the pain I experience withOsteoporosis! So, what happens now, does my Osteoporosis get progressively worse over time? I thought that my story was a Seroxat story. I have had 7 weeks off work with a fractured wrist and another week off with feeling poorly due to AA (with no pay as Im a self employed carer) and need to feel fully fit before returning to work. Im just another person looking for help with my bones, having been told by my doctor that there is no alternative to Alendronic Acid. But its come to my attention that long term , She doesnt have osteoporosis but they just put her on these. Bizarre feelings in my head, my arms feeling like they didnt belong to me, I felt faint and dizzy, my heart was pounding and had moments when it seemed out of rhythm. As I sat up from the bed my head started to pound. I am not in your age group Jane bit I can appreciate Yor feeling left out. It might surprise some readers to learn that bone is. I have always looked after my teeth, having paid for a very expensive bridge in 2010 to fill a gap. It was becoming clear to me at this point that activity brought on my symptoms, and at that time it was extreme activity a session at the gym, a long bike ride, a strenuous walk. Thus, it helps increase bone density, reduce the risk of bone fractures, and treat osteoporosis. I have v v mild connective tissue disorder (not rare) also. If it is common for headaches, dizzy spells and blackout reportsshouldnt this concern those that live alone, for both GP and patient? I appear to be ding well on them so I am told along with calcium and Vit D supplements. Alendronate is used to prevent and treat osteoporosis. I had also gone hypothyroid. I was diagnosed with Preliminary Billiary Cholongistis (PBC) in 2021 and am now informed I have osteopenia (May 2022); informed today that a prescription has been left at my chemist for Alendronic Acid to be taken once a week. She is having pain in her legs, hips and groin. You must take your dose on the same day each week. Angry moment! My bloods were fairly normal although my Vit D was just within normal. With the agreement of my GP I have now stopped taking the tablets. My mom who is 76 has taken 7 tablets, she stopped due to pain in her hips legs and groin. In fact we were three quarters of the way through our time together before I happened to mention I took alendronic acid. The NHS Dentist has ben very negative and created time consuming visits which are difficult for me to arrange because I have decreasing mobility because of MS. No one my GP or the dentist recommended by my GP have given me no warning about the serious side effects of having dental extractions while taking Aldronic Acid. pope francis indigenous peoples. Thanks. The dentist told me there was no possible way the drugs had anything to do with my teeth getting loose, and it was probably just poor dental hygiene, in spite of the fact that I was 56 when these problems STARTED and 63 when I had to give up and pull the last ones. And yes side effects are happening, muscles ache, jaw aches, I did have an X-ray on my jaw and its fine TG. Store the tablet, oral solution, or oral effervescent form of alendronic acid as directed in its packaging. What is soil degradation in agriculture? In rare cases, it can be severe and may hint at a medical emergency. Their non-medical use was to soften water in irrigation systems used in orange groves. Fast forward to 2009. But, remember that without medications, you have to supply your body with enough nutrients and exercise to support and strengthen bone growth. I have done my research an hoping to give up on alendronic and follow the advice in the books. While there is no cure for osteoporosis, your doctor will give you a treatment plan like taking medications and lifestyle changes. Alendronate is used to treat osteoporosis caused by menopause, steroid use, or gonadal failure. Dentist now tells me my teeth are not strong enough to hold a bridge again. This settled after a few days 2 weeks later I have joint pain in my elbows like broken glass and have pins and needles in my arms and fingers. I dont think there is enough information from doctors/nurses to explain about Osteoporosis to patients. Jan. I began to take as prescribed and do not have any problems until 6 days after my 4 th dose, I was awakened in the night with uncomfortable, aching wrists. Hi I have been on alendronic acid for 7 months I was worried about side effects but have been ok but have noticed a weakness in muscles and am really stiff in mornings and if I sit down even for a short while. With this condition, your bones become thin and weak, and break easily. Anyhow, if anyone knows what whip lash feels like, this is worse. When I researched Fosamax/drug intolerance I found it is a reported side effect that people (usually women aged 50 70, of course) became intolerant of other drugs whilst having taken Fosamax for 2 5 years. I decided to stop for a few months following my retirement as I was going travelling for 3 months. I had heard of necrosis in the bones before and she had all the symptoms. Bizarre feelings in my head my heart was pounding and had moments when it seemed out of rhythm. These may increase the risk of damage to your jaw bone. How Alendronic Acid works Alendronic Acid is a bisphosphonate. Federal drug regulators and researchers say that Fosamax, a drug thats supposed to help with bone growth, is linked to this rare dental disease thats also called Dead Jaw Syndrome. The doctors do say though that we should let them know if we have any. With this. I took them for two Sundays and my legs became painful,Dr said to continue and go back in 2weeks so I took one yesterday and today I feel breathless and giddy. I am aldo taking Calcio with vitamin-D My recent dexa scan showed a deterioration in bone loss in the last three years so much so that I now have osteoporosis in my hip. Its recommended to take it on an empty stomach first thing in the morning. A. The whole remit of Western medicine is to treat symptoms without curing, so that long term profits can be made. Abstract. I had a scan 6 months ago and have osteoporosis. I stopped taking alendronic acid straight away and now wake every morning in the hope that there might be some improvement in my condition. He arranged for me to have an MRI and EEG tests, but his opinion was that Seroxat was the likely culprit as he had never seen anything like this before. After reading about it I returned the box of tabs unused. Alendronate works by slowing down the cells that break . Then, you can resume eating and drinking normally. Bisphosphonates like alendronic acid and risedronic acid have been the subject of research on their effectiveness in treating osteoporosis. I Have been taking Alendronic Acid Tablets for 11 months now. I felt pressurised to take it saying that I would suffer as I get older if I didnt take it but I am now wondering if it really does any good. Now my story is about alendronic acid and the slow but sure decline of my health and fitness. if the side effects persist to contact him again Due to Covid you cannot see a GP I asked for a telephone call but was told it would be at least 2 weeks before I could get an appointment Ive decided not to take my more tablets. I woke up, called my doctor to make sure it was safe to take with a few broken ribs, and I was told yes. In addition, you should cut down on your alcohol intake, stop smoking, do strength training and supplement your body with calcium and vitamin D3, K2, and magnesium regularly. Needless to say I will never take another one and I would like to know whether anyone knows how long Alendronic Acid takes to leave the system. Alendronic acid | C4H13NO7P2 | CID 2088 - structure, chemical names, physical and chemical properties, classification, patents, literature, biological activities . I have had to keep off coffee, fruit and anything acidic for months, I even tried gaviscon which made me feel sick and had a bloated stomach for 2 hours. This was long ago and it was a new drug but the GMC told my GP that yes there was a slight risk of an allergic reaction to it. Ive only just started on the AA but since my run in with Metoclopramide Im scared to take any drugs now. who told me it could be one of many things. Clinical trial results suggest an increased risk of atrial fibrillation for zoledronic acid (Aclasta ), pamidronic acid, and possibly for alendronic acid, although the balance-risk remains. The test showed that I now have osteopenia, but could never get off alendronic as it is due to gluten. She doesnt have osteoporosis. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Participants will receive one dose of active zoledronic acid during the first month after heart or liver transplantation and weekly placebo alendronate pills or one dose of placebo zoledronic acid and weekly active alendronate pills for the first year after transplant. You can, however, lie down after youve eaten your first meal of the day. Im 61 and after a long history of fractures (mostly sports related) and a recent wrist fracture from a fall, I had a DXA scan and have Oseopenia. Hi Everyone I am 62. Should there be a next time I will follow my own advice as I believe we all know our own bodies to a degree of course & I will follow my gut instinct!!! Bisphosphonates are often the first treatment you'll be offered if you have weaker bones. Many thanks for all your information. Read on a page recently that the manufacturers of this drug have been sued in Canada by 1200 odd people and won 27.5 millionso why hasnt this been reviewed here. so I was looking up side affects of AA which brought me to this site and I dont like what I am reading, so I am going to ring my doctors and have a talk my gut feeling is not to take them. I thought that I had been duped, once, into taking a drug I probably didnt need for an illness I probably didnt have, a drug that damaged my health. My Mum had taken Alendronic for 10yrs after breaking her hip. Took 1 pill of AA. Took AA on Sunday and the next night I was in so much pain, I couldnt move. Its harmful if you suddenly stop taking it without a proper assessment from your healthcare provider. It knocked me out so I stopped it. This caused the bone to shatter like glass ! My body jerked violently and out of control for hours. When I got to see the next doctor in September 2012, I thought I was still telling a Seroxat story. My advice is dont risk your health when the adverse effects are so clearly documented. they mask the crumbling bones within and only show the outer bone growth, I have decided I really dont want to take these any more but wonder if there are side effects. Itching in my left shoulder/arm, have gained weight and my mood has changed. I urge you to Look into his work for yourselves. In the meantime her teeth fell outliterally fell outwhat on earth was happening. I was given alendronic acid tablets, one a week after had fall off my bike swerving to miss a coke can someone dropped and fractured my pelvis. On research I found there has been class law suits against the manufacturer of this drug in Canada. I was prescribed in 2003 following a crack in my Femur following a knee replacement and the resulting Dexa scan! This settled after a few days and I thought no more about it. You would think that and the fact that in Canada a class action suit was brought against the manufacturers of this drug, would be enough to warrant serious alarm bells. She has stopped the tablets. my Dr. told me she did not want me to take the Alendronic Acid because it would loosen my teeth. 25 yrs later Ive had a Dexa scan and was told my spine was crumbling and the reading was far worse than the worst possible. 2019 I went to the Dentist with a broken tooth, she told me after an Xray that she could only pull the tooth out as my jaw was crumbling and she could only offer me dentures from now on. H411 (50%): Toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects [Hazardous to the aquatic environment . After 2 weeks of no bowel movement ended up at A&E!!! Reading these reports,i am now worried.am 63 & After taking AA 70mg per wkfor 2months,& all the awful side effects mentioned here,consultant wants to try zoledronate yearly infusion. 2 years after that I had a dexa test. Blood test in November showed a underactive thyriod and am taking Levothyronine 25mg. So if u are on adcal or calcium as well check out it isnt that causing any side effects. She sent me to a specialist for a second opinion and he said take it. Other symptoms include numbness of the lips which are also dry and sometimes numbness in the chin. Hi prevent cancer spreading to the bone. Small movements and small gentle breaths allow me to feel ok and for my muscles to be still. Hi, I am 47 years old and recently found out I have osteopenia every where and osteoprosis in on of my hips. I didnt like what I saw. Ive only taken one tablet going to speak to Dr tomorrow. but from the start have not felt well, stabbing pains dental probs,aching joints,My dentist referred me to a specialist to have 3 teeth removed,but i lost it in the chair so scared ! Alendronate may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide. Your doctor will put into consideration the lifestyle changes youve made. The side effects are bone pain, joint pain and bruising, numbness in the face and lips. The pain has travelled to her shins since stopping it. From day one I didnt believe that my body needed them but was told that When your taking steroids the additional meds are also needed & I was told this by more than one GP!!! Following a recent hip fracture and subsequent dexa scan, it was shown that I had Osteoporosis mainly in the right hip and spine (my hip fracture was on the left side ! Side effects include heartburn, upset stomach, nausea, diarrhea and constipation, as well as stomach, muscle, joint and bone pain. Food, mineral water, and other beverages may interrupt your body from absorbing the medicine. ). MY blood pressure became high and I was sent for a ECG on the 29th of November which showed I have at somepoint had a mild heart attack which I was unawear of and have now in December been put on Ramipril 2.7mg and Simvastatin 40mg. Not far into the walk (about 20 mins. It is relevant at this point to say that my sister lives in Australia which has different prescribing criteria. From 2013 I was prescribed alendronic acid. Who else out there has a similar story? Steroids such asprednisoloneordexamethasone. Sister told the doc she intends taking Boron. Store below 25C. Stopped alendronic acid for two years during which time I broke my femur in 2014 Hospital June 2014 Spine-2.5 Hip -0.9 Started alendronic acid Jul 2014 for three years Hospital Aug 2017 Spine -2.7 Hip -1.1 Although the scores looked very slightly better at the start they more or less stayed the same for years. This prompted me to do more research into alendronic acid, but instead of looking up this generic term, I tried the brand name Fosamax. There is a phrase called the patient financial profile which is the profit made from an illness or disease or condition without the patient either getting cured or dying. Alendronate (alendronic acid) Alendronate is an osteoporosis medication. http://www.ehealthme.com/cs/osteoporosis/drug+intolerance, http://www.ehealthme.com/cs/osteopenia/drug+intolerance, http://www.ehealthme.com/ds/fosamax/drug+intolerance. I had to stop immediately and was plunged in to full blown menopause, which has been hell ever since. Six hours later, left jaw joint tightness, nerves in teeth/jaw became sensitive (lasted a day), runny stools, dry mouth, calf cramps (at night). Until recently I only took my Thyroid med. https://youtu.be/Gb3G2Kv7kU8, Ive just been perscribed alendronic acid 70mg to take one a week..could you tell me if this is seroxat. So, I took it with 12 ounces of water. Im very concerned, like you & so many others, about the side effects of AA which I have just started today! If you were prescribed to take 10 mg of alendronic acid, swallow one whole tablet daily. I was put on alendronic acid 70mg and in 2013 I quit often find that some of the drugs my doctor has given me gives me bad reactions. After reading the patient information leaflet I was hesitant to take medication today. The GP has been renewing this prescription although I now read a patient only needs to take for 2 yrs max! Has anyone has this done ? Alendronate works similarly to other bisphosphonate drugs like risedronate, ibandronate, zoledronic acid, pamidronate, and etidronate. I was determined that my own actions would build my bones so I only had to take the drug for a short time. I think I will investigate more about Boron like the reviewer above. In rare cases, alendronic acid may cause a serious allergic reaction ( anaphylaxis ). It got better in the day, but flared up at night for a few nights, then resolved. Ulcers or erosions of your esophagus and gut, which include symptoms like severe heartburn, trouble and pain when swallowing, Bone death or damage on your jaw with symptoms like painful or swollen gums, loosening of teeth, numbness and heavy feeling in your jaw, and mouth sores, Unusual bone breaks in your hip and leg bones which is indicated by a dull, aching pain in your hips, groin, or thighs, Damage of bones in your inner ear with symptoms ear pain, ear discharge, or infection, Swelling in the eyes which have signs like blurred vision, painful or red eyes. I was not aware until yesterday that Alendronic could be the cause. I have recently been prescribed AA and, after researching this drug for its possible side effects and reading your stories, I really do not want to take it! The hygienist cleaned my teeth a few weeks ago. Also taking into account that I have & still do.Lead a very active & healthy lifestyle! Hi i have been given AA but couldnt take it due to stomach problems now they are thinking of sending me for infusion could i ask what natural solutions u are using as i was told I couldnt replace bone without AA am very worried about an infusion. l feel I am not listened to andn being my age, Im past bothering about. I was still a little sore, but improving. Whoa, I said, I want to do this with diet and exercise. As a follow up to my earlier post, on Feb 21st 2021, I am still experiencing side effects as a result of the ingestion of 1 biphosphonate Alendronic Acid 70g tablet on Sunday Feb 2nd. It belongs to a class of drugs called bisphosphonates. I have had osteoarthritis for twenty years, and was diagnosed as as having osteopenia 7 years ago. Due to cutbacks now prescribed unnamed Alendronic and feel absolutely ghastly. I was diagnosed with osteoporosis two weeks ago, so I just took one Sunday. What an awful time you are having my sympathy goes out to you. I shall be bringing these reviews to my GPs attention AND a refusal to even take the first dose! I better print your reviews kind people & put them before my GP & the Liver Consultant who suggested bisphosphonates in the first place!! Ive only had one tablet of the Alendronic Acid yesterday, but seem to have quite a few of the side effects so wont have another again, and am miffed to see that people have problems for weeks even after one tablet. Fast forward to 2008. Wait for at least 30 minutes after taking the drug. How to take alendronic acid Alendronic acid is a drug used for the treatment of osteoporosis.

Diy Denture Kit Uk, Articles A

alendronic acid has destroyed my life