is the drinks package on cunard worth it?

Indeed, we can see none on the beverage menu. As always any drinks above the package limit of $12 per drink will attract the 20% discount. We also have drinks prices and packages posts for P&O,Royal Caribbean, Virgin Voyages and Marella which may be of interest to you too. Thanks for your question. I cannot find anywhere a price list for bottles of wine, only per glass . $13.20 250ml. Then there's the $105 package for five meals, plus $10 more per package (available on a Quantum or Oasis-class ship.) All Rights Reserved. Oceanview: either a porthole or panoramic windows. The cruise was as billed and went smoothly. (Costs already broken down earlier on and easily reachable if you have two or more premium hot drinks a day.). this does not make sense. Here is an example of the current Cunard dinks price list: That said, a good range of beers, spirits, liqueurs, cocktails and wines are included. Instead, staff will hold your purchases until you disembark. The Deluxe Beverage Package includes drinks with liquor up to $14 in value. P&O Cruises also sells a soft drink package for $7 per day, which includes most cans of Coca-Cola varieties, Sprite and Fanta . For Airport Hotels and Parking we use Holiday Extras, we like the flexibility of changing plans and they do have some great prices too! Each guest staying in the same stateroom must buy the package. In other words, you would not be charged for a 7 day package, just 5 days. Or opt for its wallet-draining fine wine package (240 per person) and get just six bottles to savour over the course of your cruise. So I take it that if I purchase the alcoholic drink package my husband will have to purchase the same although he doesnt drink! The announcement comes after the success of 'A world of drinks' pilot on board Queen Mary 2 this summer; the new options will be available to purchase for voyages of five days or more. Christmas cruise Unlimited Dining gives you a meal at an alternative restaurant every night of your seven-night sailing for a flat rate of $24 per person per day. $24.00, Lemorton Calvados 15 Year Old 1oz. p and o Any other drinks will need to be purchased. budget That said, a drinks package is only offered on voyages of 5 nights or more, and is available for purchase only during the first 2 days of the voyage i.e. Youll be glad to hear that theyre decent cocktails too, ranging from time honoured classics to more modern confections. So, is your $69 a day worth it? Coffee Tea Room, is it okay to drink coffee while breastfeeding? It is totally unreasonable that this combination is not allowed its as if Cunard dont trust their customers which I cant help but feel offended by. If you have found this post useful then you may be interested in the cost of drinks and drinks packages with other cruise companies too. Is the drink package worth it if you don't drink alcohol? The package does not include large bottles of water (750ml, 1ltr and 1.5ltr), freshly squeezed deluxe juices, smoothies and any items from the stateroom mini-bar. Prices range from $9.00 up to $17.00 and if they dont have it on the menu (which would be a big surprise) they will do their best to make it for you. I hope this helps. Change), You are commenting using your Twitter account. Older than that, youre going to be in the realms of prices higher than $12 and up to over $1000 a bottle. However, its worth remembering that beverage packages do not cover all drinks available on board. Thank you. Its time to get mathematical: If you consider that wine, beer and spirits are included up to the value of $12 in some of the Cunard drinks packages, you can soon recoup your costs. https://www.cunard.com/en-gb/activity-types/bars-and-lounges/a-world-of-drinks#book-now. A Day Ashore On a Cunard, cruise drinks cost the same as they would in a bar or pub on land. The cost varies by cruise line, however you can expect cruise gratuities to be between $12-15 USD per person, per day for a standard cabin, and $16-18 for guests in suites. Theres also a 20% discount on any non-alcoholic drinks not included in the package. Yes, you can order wine by the glass. What happens to the open bottle of spirit as part of the complimentary bar in the queens grill do you get charged if removed on disembarkation. The Beers, Wines & Spirits Package is the only Cunard drinks package that includes alcoholic beverages by the glass. For a 7-day cruise, this drink package would cost ($109.00 x 7 x 1.2) $915.60. How Does the P&O Cruises Drinks Package Work and How Can I Buy It? Whilst the future of the cruise industry is wildly exciting with megaships launching at an incredible rate and cutting-edge technologies making cruising more comfortable and enjoyable than ever before, we also like to celebrate the industry's past. This must be a recent policy change because on previous cruises we have had different packages or one person not choosing to have a drinks package. So long as the price for the double G&T was under the per drink price limit the answer would be yes. The coffee around, is it okay to drink a lot of decaf coffee? Consider that some cruise lines insist that if one adult in a cabin . Again, I would simply ask your partner to replace as necessary. Just keep seeing packages! Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Drinks $10.50, Piersporter, Germany 150ml. If youre a fan of speciality coffees or freshly-squeezed juices, theres also an option for you. It doesnt matter whether you want to warm your cockles with a cappuccino as you sail to icy wilderness of Alaska, or toast the New York skyline with a Manhattan cocktail in your hand, the Cunard drinks package lets you do it affordably. Coffee or cocktails? cornwall $8.10 250ml. Cant find it anywhere. Can a regular bottle of white wine which usually sells for $15-$21on land be substituted for the champaign that we get upon boarding in our cabin? That said, things might have changed with QEs post-pandemic return to service. That said, a good range of beers, spirits, liqueurs, cocktails and wines are included. 2C3MCN. Request a callback now. Hi Donald, both adults int he cabin must purchase the same drinks package. I believe it is 15 ALCOHOLIC drinks per 24 hours, unlimited coffee etc. Prosecco - US$8. Other classes get sparkling wine instead. I also have several pets, dogs, cats, chickens and its fair to say I have a house a bit like a zoo. $10 per person, per day, inclusive of 15% service charge. The oldest bottle we found onboard Queen Mary 2 was from 1840! While drinks priced over US$12 are not included, the package offers a 20% discount on beverages priced over US$12. Cunard's special Event voyages are designed to offer an experience unlike any other. Thank you for your question. As the name suggests this is the place for speciality Gins and Bubbles there are over 40 different Gins to choose from with prices ranging from $6.00 to $7.80 for 1oz and $11.30 to $13.50 for a 2oz. The summer season generally begins in April, . We would recommend purchasing the package on the morning of day 2, simply because youre unlikely to get full value on embarkation day. Yes, you can get wine by the glass in the main dining room as part of the Beers, Wines & Spirits Package. As for swapping out a bottle of spirits for wine, you might have to simply ask your butler. Besides, Cunard do have some nifty little jugs for your water! In our experiece the options are limited insofar as non-alcohol wines and gin are concerned. Each cruise line has it's own package/s. The Soft Drinks Package includes unlimited draught soft drinks (Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, R Whites Lemonade, Britvic Indian Tonic Water, Soda Water), selected long-life fruit juices, squash and cordials. Indeed, because drinks are not included in the cruise fare a drinks package can represent good value for money. Is it expected that you will leave a tip for the butler or the Maitre d in the restaurant? $6.90 330ml bottle $6.20, Cunard Red IPA pint. At these prices, youll have to drink like a fish to get your moneys worth. Secondly if I was to get a drinks package which would these drinks come under as they are non alcoholic. Drink Packages - Cunard Cruise Line. Voyage ref M 204D. A non-alcoholic cocktail is in the region of $5.75 upwards and includes favourites such as virgin mojito and Atlantic Mist; whilst a Folkingtons juice retails at $3.60. However as I understand that balcony cabins have a mini bar fridge in the room my dear wife will have to enjoy her glass of wine in her room and at the dinner table as wine can be ordered by the glass. This includes draught soft drinks, selected fruit juices, squash and cordials. That makes a Cunard beverage package a cost effective alternative. Most cruise lines require that EVERYONE who is in the cabin and 21 or older to purchase the package. $7.00 2oz. For most cruisers, the drink package is simply not worth the price. Select Your Cruise Line (currently MSC only) We will cover all cruise lines that offer drink packages here. $10.70, Tanqueray No. Email sent: Mar 2, 2023 8:01am. Cunards expert sommeliers have created two unique wine collections featuring fine wines handpicked from around the world. Unlimited premium and fountain soft drinks. $12.30 750ml. Thank you for your question. $11.00, Whitely Neill Rhubarb & Ginger 1oz. Included in the Beers, Wines and Spirits Package. The package is available for cruises of seven nights and longer and costs $69 per person, per day. I wonder if you know whether any drink, maybe a glass of water or a cup of tea, is included with the main meal in your inclusive restaurant? The Worlds most comprehensive guide to luxury cruising with great reporting from our expert travel journalists all over the globe. MSC Cruises is raising prices for its drink packages, becoming the latest to hike fees for onboard amenities in recent months. $10 a day gets you unlimited Tea Fort, Illy coffee and hot chocolate. A drink package will definitely benefit you. Please answer ASAP! Going on a 13 day trip therefore if I understand correctly it would cost us let say 69 x2 = $138 x 13 days = $1794 (us) so Canadian would be $2750 !!!! Cunard offers a World of Drinks. We are travel journalists who independently review Cunard cruise ships. $12.00 Bottle $34.00, Chardonnay Reserve, Australia 150ml. Why should I purchase a drinks package for my wife who seldom drinks alcohol.On other cruise lines we have been with we have been able to have different packages, so if the wife does fancy a alcoholic I really like the non alcoholic,beers, wines gin zero etc so firstly do you stock these in the bars and restaurants please. Otherwise check if you can bring your own alcohol on board. If a glass of decent ros floats your boat, you will find included Old and New World options such as the Californian West Coast Swings white zinfandel at $8.00. $78.00, Laurant-Perrier Cuvee Rose, France 150ml. seacation Ive check through the Cunard Daily Programme newsletters from my most recent QE voyage (Feb 2020), but alas there was no advertised happy hour. HELP. Expert service from IgluCruise . https://www.cunard.com/en-gb/activity-types/bars-and-lounges/a-world-of-drinks, Hello Hi there, All, Good morning from the smokey NW. Cruise deals for Alaska from Vancouver with Stay on 08 July 2024 (15 Nt) with Cunard on Queen Elizabeth. $13.50, Glenfiddich Select Cask 1oz. The Premium beverage package will run you $99 per day, while the Premium Plus is $129 per day. I just get the premium beverage package on celebrity and not worry about it. $6.60, Broadside Adnams Southwold 500ml. $6.20 2oz. $18.70 Bottle $52.00, Sauvignon Blanc, South Africa 150ml. 'A World of drinks' will be available . Follow us on Instagram and send a message or Like and comment on our Facebook Page. $7.50 2oz. There are currently 4 types of drinks package available on cruises with Cunard, you can have up to 15 alcoholic drinks per day and it covers drinks up to $12. Is this correct if my husband had a $69 package then I am compelled to have the same if I want a drinks package? At the time of writing, some of the wines included were: Chteau La Fleur des Graves Blanc (France), Assyrtiko/Malagousia Sillogi White (Greece), Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve Berton Vineyard (Australia), Valpolicella Classico Superiore (Italy). (LogOut/ Insiders tip: Cunard have an extremely large wine list. Arrive: Wed 14 May 2025 / Depart: Wed 14 May 2025. Cocktail prices are $8-$14 and Wine prices are $9-$20. return to cruise I understand if I want something premium then I would pay that price? In principle I cant imagine that would present an issue. Strike dates March 2023: days to avoid booking holidays and what to do if you are travelling, Why it pays to go on an all-inclusive cruise, UK holidaymakers will need an e-visa to visit the EU from 2024, Online travel agent flight deals: why the price is almost always too good to be true, 10 destinations where your pound will stretch further in 2023, Which? Can I just pay for that drink each night or do I have to buy the alcohol package??? Im a full time travel industry professional and love to cruise! If youd like any other advise, please dont hesitate to give us a call. My wife and I are cruising in June I drink my wife does not how can you justify charging me 138 dollers for one person to drink bearing in mind I would struggle to benefit from just my own cost greed is not on my mind convenience is surely there must be a way of making this available to one person in a room. However, some cruisers have told me that on longer voyages they have had their spirits replenished. Hi Sarah, Its also worth noting that there is generally no discount for buying Cunard beverage packages in advance of your cruise. Cunard offer a range of drinks packages which they call, 'A World of Drinks', and this guide to Cunard's drinks packages will help you to properly understand what each package includes and whether Cunard's drinks packages are worth it. There is a range of New World options too, all well under $12 a glass. Im still a little confused about the $69 drinks package. $10.70 250ml. There is no limit on amount of drinks per day. Here are the 4 drink package options currently available . Also, yes in my experience there is tonic water in the Queens Grill mini bar. Or do you get charged for the drinks you bought over the first 2 days ad then get charged 5 days of drinks package? Sails 01-02-22. $9.10 2oz. Alternatively, you can purchase within the first 24 hours of being on the ship. For $299 that might be a better option for me . For example, Cunards offering costs 55 a day the equivalent of 10 pints of beer (4.70 each) plus four soft drinks at the bar. $10.60, Tanqueray Flor De Sevilla 1oz. As a stand-alone package, it really depends on what soft drinks you prefer. Definitely worth the money. $16.90 750ml. We cruised on the Cunard Queen Elizabeth Cruise Ship twice in 2021 and on Queen Mary 2 in 2022 and often get asked How much do the drinks cost on Cunard? and Do Cunard have Drinks Packages?. This is the drinks package that many travelers get comped as part of Norwegian's Free at Sea promotion (though you still have to pay 20% of the package price for gratuities). Queen Mary 2 Thank you for your question. grills It is my understanding that this can be consumed in your stateroom corckage free. $7.10 2oz. Price: $55 per person per day (Premium Drinks Package) Cruise drinks packages can cost anywhere between 25 and 106 ($30 to $129) per day for all-inclusive alcoholic drinks. Typically, cruise lines dictate that every person in the cabin must buy the package (to prevent sharing) for every single day youre at sea so theres no refund if you decide to go teetotal halfway through your voyage. Its worth noting that the package does not include large bottles of water (750ml, 1ltr and 1.5ltr), freshly squeezed juices or drinks from the stateroom mini-bar. It seems that most things say inclusive of 15% service, and my husband therefore says not. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Nicole Scherzinger has officially been named the Godmother of P&O Cruises ship Arvia. View in browser. $6.10, Cunard Gold Perfect Pilsner pint. $14.20 Bottle $40.00, Merlot, USA 150ml. The Beers, Wines and Spirits package $7. He has a passion for travel, a weakness for espresso coffee and a love of Greek cuisine. Also would I be able to fill my reusable water bottle at the buffet to enjoy on the exercise deck area/paddle tennis? And if so, do they discard all of the drinks you have bought in the first 2 days and write them off via the drinks package? I hope this helps. Numbers are how much you'd need to drink per day to justify a package. Drinks are not included in a Cunard cruise fare, so buying then individually can be expensive. Well Cunard have got you covered. Booking ref. HELP. Can one of the bottles of spirit be replaced by wine, and would this be replenished when finished? Home What I enjoy with Cunard and P&O is you are allowed to to your favourite spirit onboard along with cans of coke etc. However, Carnival Cruise Line offers one of the cheapest alcoholic beverage packages, and it will still run you $51.95 per day if purchased pre-cruise.Norwegian Cruise Line has one of the most expensive drink packages. London prices are broadly similar, you can expect to pay from GBP7 upwards for a drinkable glass of any wine. Are these replenished as with other mini bar items? Shorts podcast: Australia's Wild West, Holidays up to 70% more expensive amid cost of living crisis. On the Cunard alcoholic drinks package, you can have up to 15 a day up to the value of $12 a drink. To make this option work for you, youd have to be drinking over 8 drinks a day at an average cost of $3.50 per drink. In fact, many of the signature cocktails in venues like the Commodores Club are priced over US$12 and so not included. Required fields are marked *. $6.80 250ml. If you enjoy a speciality hot drink or two, glass of wine with lunch, a pre-dinner cocktail, a couple of glasses with dinner, an after dinner cocktail and a nightcap then youll be well within shooting range of your $69 a day spend. The Non-alcoholic drinks package - 19.95 per person, per day. Is the drink package worth the price? Claim it. Hi Jane, the drinks package has to purchased per person for the duration of the cruise. Within the drinks package, for example could one have 3 or 4 beers and a glass or two of wine over the course of a day? Drink Package Calculator. $7.10 330ml bottle $6.30, Cunard Black Biscotti Breakfast Stout pint. The package price included the gratuity and its the same price online and onboard. Im married to James and a mum of two boys, I also coach grassroots age grade rugby and can regularly be found on a wet muddy pitch or supporting my Sale Sharks on game day! coastal cruise Mr. Cc. It recently shared the news in an email to Crown & Anchor members. This is the most comprehensive package among Cunard's World of Drinks. For example, Cunard's offering costs 55 a day - the equivalent of 10 pints of beer (4.70 each) plus four soft drinks at the bar. The second-tier beverage package . Hi Jean, this is the policy on most Cruise Lines that offer drinks packages, both cabin occupants have to purchase the same level of package. Does the 69$ package include mixers for something like rum and coke. (Or, what does my drinks package actually get me?). A tipple on an ocean voyage never comes cheap. Read our review about Cunard wine packages, wine list prices, and inclusive drinks . Even bottles of wine that youve bought from the duty-free shop on board are off limits with some cruise lines. Question: Are we really not allowed to take a drink with us, to a lounge chair or another deck, for example? Is a drink package worth it for you? Many thanks, Prices correct as of January 2023. There is no limit of amount of drinks per day. 15 alcoholic drinks per day. $16.90 Bottle $48.00, Pinot Noir, France 150ml. We find the . $58.00, Zonin Special Cuvee Prosecco, Italy 150ml. Or alternatively, can we take it back to our suite? On our very first Cunard cruise, aboard Queen Elizabeth, we decide to pre-purchase the Cunard Beverage Package, or as it's called, The Beer, Wine & Spirit Pa. $11.80, Courvoisier VSOP 1oz. $12.70 Bottle $36.00, Cunard Private Reserve, France 150ml. Good morning John, if you purchase the drinks package online, it will start as soon as youre onboard. How Does the NCL Drinks Package Work, and How Can I Buy It? Edinburgh There is also a selection of Larent-Perrier Champagnes ranging from $78.00 to $198.00 per 750ml bottle and a selection of sparkling wines from $40.00 to $70.00 per 750ml bottle. Depending on the cost of the package, you and your cabinmates will need to drink between 5-10 beverages per day each. The Japanese port city of Yokohama to the south of Tokyo on the main island of Honshu. In fact, Cunard's alcohol policy is very similar to that of many other lines, with a few differences. Terry. The terms and conditions to the package is available here: Unlimited draught soft drinks, selected fruit juices, squash and cordials. $6.00 2oz. Can you order more bottles for your room and pay for it? Its important to note that this package does not include gratuities, so a 15% service charge will be added. Investigates podcast: are cheap holidays a thing of the past? Thank you for your question. There is also packages available are are as follows, Six 1 litre bottles of still or sparkling Hildon water $23.00, Choice of 6 sodas and juices and a complimentary snack $23.00, Choice of 6 Lagers, Bitters, Ales and Ciders with a complimentary snack $35.00, Choice of 1 Bottle of house spirits and 12 mixers with a complimentary snack $75.00, Choice of 1 bottle of premium spirits and 12 mixers with a complimentary snack $100.00. Cunard Bar Menus for 2021 - a price guide for you. If you plan to have a number of drinks every day such as mimosas with breakfast, fruity daiquiris by the pool, wine with lunch, cocktails with dinner and dancing, and a nightcap sitting on your deck before bed, it could easily cost you over $100 a day. Heres our advice on the various drinks packages available from Cunard and how you can buy one on your next cruise. This email was sent March 2, 2023 8:01am. Cunard Drinks Packages An expertguide! On my most recent cruise, the Royal Caribbean Deluxe Beverage Package tended to hover around $72-$77 per person per day. $11.00, Canadian Club 1oz $6.30 2oz $9.80, Evan Williams Vintage 1oz. cruising If I WAS TO PURCHASE THE WINE PACKAGE FOR $299 FOR MY WIFE DO I HAVE TO ALSO PURCHASE THE SAME PACKAGE FOR MYSELF SEEING THAT I DO NOPT DRINK ANY TYPE OF ALCOHOL. Probably not coming out ahead financially but I find I relax better when Im not . Just to confirm that the $69 is the total you pay for the package and the 15% is included in this price. $10.60, Barcardi Carta Blanca 1oz. $6.80 250ml. Travel. Or opt for its wallet-draining fine wine package (240 per person) and get just six bottles . I'm thinking the non-alcoholic mud slides and fancy lattes, etc may still make it worth the money Carnival Cruise Lines Chat, Tips And Fun | Is the drink package worth it if you don't drink alcohol Possibly. $6.00, Tribute St Austell Brewery 500ml. $11.70 250ml. It includes six 1-litre bottles of water, delivered to your stateroom. Both people in the cabin have to take the same package. Covid protocol Hi Tom, water, tea and coffee are offered in the restaurants. Sign up today and jointhe UKs favourite Cruise Club. Mr. Cc. Raise a non-tipsy toast to time spent at sea with a choice of soft-drinks, small bottled waters, freshly-squeezed juices, speciality hot drinks and mocktails. I like a good proper cocktail in the evening and many of the drinks I prefer often fall out of the $12 limit.

Chris Chambers Character Analysis, Suspect Podcast Cameron, Articles I

is the drinks package on cunard worth it?