jehovah's witnesses armageddon 2034

But is it not far preferable to make some mistakes because of overeagerness to see God's purposes accomplished than to be spiritually asleep as to the fulfillment of Bible prophecy? That obedience includes keeping Kingdom interests in first place, living by Gods righteous standards, and announcing Gods Kingdom. *** w84 12/1 p. 18 Keep Ready! What events will lead up to it? But is it not preferrable to make some mistakes because of 'over-eagerness' to see God's purposes accomplished then to be spiritually asleep as to the fulfillment of Bible prophecy . And they will not recover until they make a new prediction That is all history you know already, so sorry for going over it again. Yes, sudden destruction is to be instantly on them, just like birth pains on a pregnant woman. What about Jehovahs loyal servants? (b)Why will our knowing Jehovah prove to be a blessing at Armageddon? With these rich truths to light the way, Christians do not grope in this dark, jungle-like world as do the masses of people in Christendom and heathendom alike. 32 Replies ( Gense 6:3) Ce decret divin mis en 2490 avant notre re marqu le commencement de la fin pour le monde impie. 2. The Jehovahs Witness view of the battle of Armageddon is but one example of the ineptness of this group to analyze biblical prophecy. You know how they expected the end of the world in 1843/4? A financial crisis (hundreds of millions in just U.S., Can, and U.K. alone) could precipitate this shrinkage in an organization already pressed for funds. These ones. Copyright 2001-2015 Jehovah's Witness Discussion Forum | JW.Org Community Information. Wreckage from a plane crash is shown on Holston Mountain near Elizabethton on Sunday. In December, the 2021 Governing Body Update #10 announced that 25,658 Jehovahs Witnesses have died due to Covid 19. Those events occurred over many decades. The Witnesses, however, assign a most strange interpretation to the phrase. Jesus statement helps to correct the wrong idea conveyed in the way some Bible versions mistranslate the word presence. Some translations render it coming, advent, or return, all of which imply a momentary event in time. They proudly bear his name, and they have obeyed his command to flee from Babylon the Great. I'm surprised they haven't called 9/11 a fulfillment of some prophecy. "for then there will be great tribulation such as has not occurred since the world's beginning until now, no, nor will occur again.". Never in these instances, however, did they presume to originate predictions 'in the name of Jehovah.' Should we use these accounts in Matthew and Luke to indicate an extended period of time of the presence of Jesus Christ? I think a western shrinkage will start in the 2020's and a organizational shift toward the third world will happen. Publication download options Copyright 2001-2015 Jehovah's Witness Discussion Forum | JW.Org Community Information. Yep just as they said Moses screwed up too, only they failed to point out that he was condemed to not see the Promised Land. I was quite taken with this theory at the time, but of course 1999 came and went. At 1Thessalonians 5:2, Jehovahs day refers to the great tribulation. (Rev. The Watchtower, December 15, 2003, Pages 14 - 19, Please be patient while the web page loads page scans of the Watchtower article. 5:19-21. 11:16; 12:41-42; 23:36). It's the absolute best way to scam people I have yet seen. (Matt. The leaders of the Watchtower Organization have long taught their members that THEY, and THEY, alone, are "appointed by Jesus" to dispense His truth, or, as it is put to the rank-and-file, "spiritual food," and that if a Jehovah's Witness does not follow the teachings of the Watchtower, and remain "faithful" to the Watchtower Organization, they are "going against God and His . (The Finished Mystery, 1917, p. 404), 1920 'we may expect 1925 to witness the return of these faithful men of from the condition of death, being resurrected' (Millions Now Living Will Never Die, 1920, p. 88), 1920 'Therefore we may confidently expect that 1925 will mark the return of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and the faithful prophets of old' (Millions Now Living Will Never Die, 1920, p. 89-90), 1922 "The indisputable facts, therefore, show that the "time of the end" began in 1799; that the Lord's second presence began in 1874." expand all. We can take the prophetic time, and time-and-a-half, apply it to the preaching work done by Noah to come up with a parallel even realized by the inspection. (Rev. A former Jehovah's Witness has offered a rare insight into the religious group, describing it as a cult that "tries to control emotions, thought, information and behavior of a person". (Rev. No man?s opinion is expressed in The Watchtower. Some Dubs believed the year 2000 would not arrive before Armageddon. Every kingdom of earth will pass away, be swallowed up in anarchy." 16. slimboyfat. ", *** Watchtower 1964 June 15 pp.365-6 Jehovah, the God of Progressive Revelation ***, 22 As Jehovah revealed his truths by means of the first-century Christian congregation so he does today by means of the present-day Christian congregation. Even the Watchtowers Kingdom Interlinear Translation of the Greek Scriptures acknowledges the force of the original text by this rendition of the term apotrepou, and these be turning yourself away from.. The Jehovah's Witnesses believe that saluting flags, including that of the United States, is tantamount to worshipping a graven image. They were so specific about this prediction, that they narrowed . She has prostituted herself spiritually by forming alliances with earths rulers. This calculation is based in the year 1914 as the begining of the last days plus the. More important, imagine how profoundly happy you will be when Gods name and sovereignty have been fully vindicated! 3. "My own counsel will stand, and everything that is my delight I shall do," says Jehovah. Its mission is to reveal documents, files, and publications that are kept secret from the vast majority of Jehovah's Witnesses, particularly vulnerable persons and women. 2. On occasion, Jehovah directly intervened in those battles. Then I read an interesting thing about the Adventists. What will Jehovah not allow the nations to do, and why not? In fact they go so far as to say that unless one calls on the true name of God, "Jehovah," one cannot be saved. 24:14. (Hebrews 11:7) What about us? Despite our trials, how can we remain faithful as Armageddon draws near? And the mountains were not found. A third requirement is that we be associated with God's channel, his organization. The eschatology of Jehovah's Witnesses is central to their religious beliefs. King of the North 1914 to Armageddon; GT Timeline. www.opendialoguemediations.com. marked the beginning of the end for that ungodly world. (December 15, 1896, page 306) The Watchtower has also said that the fact that some have Jehovah's spirit "does not mean those now serving as Jehovah's witnesses are inspired. "The year 1940 is certain to be the most important year yet, because Armageddon is very near. If it were true, I wouldn't need to worry about Armageddon anyways, as I will surely be dead by then. (The Watchtower, March 1, 1922), 1922 '1914 ended the Gentile TimesThe date 1925 is even more distinctly indicated by the Scripturesby then the great crisis will be reached and probably passed' (Watchtower Sept. 1, 1922, p. 262), 1923 '1925 is definitely settled by the Scripturesthe Christian has much more upon which to base his faith than Noah had (so far as the Scriptures reveal) upon which to base his faith in the coming deluge' (Watchtower April 1, 1923, p. 106), 1925 "The difficulty was that the friends inflated their imaginations beyond reason; and that when their imaginations burst asunder, they were inclined to throw away everything." 1:7-9) We know God when we know his likes, dislikes, and standards. Institute tithing at some point so they can reasonably budget and make a go of it. All his enemies will be destroyed. It's obvious to me that leadership needs to fire up the members in some way. Nothing is said about God bringing a genocide. You must not get frightened at him.'. They say the term "God," is merely a title, and that the real name for God is "Jehovah.". View Rude Words. For example, he may use earthquakes, hail, and lightning. By putting this value in the parallel equation we get the same result, 2014! To me, the generation teaching was the primary argument that I (stupidly) believed meant that the world was ending soon. Words such as "Similar, Similarly, Similarity, Similarities, Parallel, Corresponds, Characteristic, Compare, Arklike and more are all through the article to back up their subtle and hinted claims. Welcome This website was founded by dedicated, baptized Jehovah's Witnesses. appreciate this fact and respond to the directions of the 'slave' as we would to the voice of God, because it is His provision. The 'end' did not come. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/61661/1.ashx. but this is the central "seven times" framework which apostate Jehovah's witnesses are now trying to "trample" to buried meaninglessness . Can't they take the middle ground? (1John 2:3-5; 5:3) When we show that we know God, we have the honor of being known by him, which will be lifesaving at Armageddon! The common-sense rules of responsible exegesis are thrust aside with reckless abandon. The expression this generation (he-genea-aute) is found five times in Matthews Gospel record, and never is it employed in any sense other than that of the generation contemporary with Jesus Christ (cf. Failed Watchtower date predictions and changed date doctrine of Jehovah's Witnesses, including lesser known ones such as 1799, 1844, 1874, 1878, 1918, 1920 and the 1940's. . In contrast, what the Bible says about Armageddon involves good news, a cause for happiness! Can we be intellectually honest in using this account in Matthew 24: 37-39 to say that it is referring to a period of time rather than an event? Then there was that Watchtower a while back that many apostates interpreted as pointing to 2034 implicitly. THE WATCHTOWERSTUDY EDITION September2019, Audio download options But what will happen then? 5. Some of these views involve the length of time it would take for the end to come. 6/1/99 and 8/15/99 Watchtowers each had articles that drew the parallel between the JWs work and Noah's. 1879 was the start of The Watchtower and 1999 was 120 years later. He may use any number of ways. The account in Luke is admittedly much clearer in putting emphasis on the event, it occurred rather than the days of. Had not God's organisation been teaching about the 'generation' for decades? | (a)Who is Gog? ^ par. I was just a young kid during the 75 debacle but I do remember the energy and excitment thinking that the great trib was going to start any day now (fear too, but that's another story). Im not questioning the argument for the presence being some period of time, it is simply that to use these verses (Matthew 24:37-39 and Luke 12:26-28) to definitively do so creates more questions and speculation than it needs to, given all of the other proof texts and reasoning that could be used (to support the parousia being a period of time). It wasn't clearly subjected at all but, as usual, they used their twisted words Tour de Garde du 15 Dcembre 2003 Extraits: " 6 : "Aux jours de No, Jhovah a dclar " Mon esprit n'agira pas envers l'homme indfiniment, puisqu'il est galement chair. 11 Replies Many others have . {WT 6}. I'll bring the organization into the promised land, oh yeah! 17 The good news about our Lord Jesus includes all the truths that Jesus taught, as found in Gods Word. 10. Those who have read Raymond Franz's 'crisis of conscience' will have heard the story about Dan Sydlik's remark about the need to 'open some windows to let some air in here'. 6:33; 24:14) It also includes supporting Christs anointed brothers as they care for their weighty responsibilities.Matt. 8:3) How so? 2048 BCE-2034: Restrictive Banding: Iron: Under Strongest Divine Ban (Jude1:6) Future World Judgment: . 14 True, some expectations that appeared to be backed up by Bible chronology did not materialize at the anticipated time. 6. Poul Bregninge's parents became Jehovah's Witnesses when he was 2 years old. I do not agree with those who overinterpreted that Watchtower as meaning a bit more than perhaps it did. Barak and the prophetess Deborah thanked Jehovah for their miraculous victory. by slimboyfat In 2014, a San Diego judge ordered Watchtower to award $13.5 million to a man who was abused by a church . 2. There are no signs of the second coming of Christ in spite of the claims of the Watchtower cult and their religious kinsmen, the Dispensationalists. They may be surprised by the sudden start of Jehovahs day, but they will not be caught off guard. Amber Scorah writes about exiting the Jehovah's Witnesses in Leaving the Witness. Accordingly his days shall amount to a hundred and twenty years. So, can it now be reasoned that there is at least some indication that the presence of Jesus Christ can now be numbered at 120 years based upon the record of the history of Noah (or the days of Noah) in Genesis, making the end now to appear to come in 2034? Satan, of course, will be enraged. 18:4) They have also worked hard to help others flee from her. Because of this, some have called them false prophets. Photo by 8 That will be the foretold proclamation of "peace and security." Why will world leaders say that? (Job 38:22, 23; Ezek. Russell's chief claim was that Jesus Christ , the perfect man, had returned invisibly to earth in 1874 and would establish God's visible kingdom after the Battle of Armageddon in 1914. This may seem counter-intuitive to getting rid of someone, but the fact is that if you don't answer the door, they are likely to mark you as "not home" and return in the near future. Babylon the Great has brought much reproach on Gods name. What are some of the main events that will lead up to Armageddon? ***. And, since Luke included both Noah and Lot in his discussion, we would now have to calculate the time that Lot was in Sodom and figure this into our calculations, and I have been unable to find any reference to that time period anywhere. For practically the first time in their 120 year history Witnesses had no date to work work towards, no reasonable time frame in which to place their expectations. 19:16) This is what makes the congregation theocratic in structure, adhering to God-rule. I do agree the GB is probably "scrambling" to find a "solution" but they face the dilema of authority loss if human error is admitted and reform is entertained. 3:25,26. (Josh. The 2034 date is thoroughly refuted by the numbers in the Insight book. latest The word Armageddon appears just once in the Scriptures, and it comes from a Hebrew term that means Mountain of Megiddo. (Rev. Were not the anointed Christians in Thessalonica impatient to see "the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ" and "the day of Jehovah"?2 Thessalonians 2:1, 2.15 There is nothing basically unscriptural in using chronology in efforts to learn "the appointed time" for the fulfillment of God's purposes. Furthermore, followers of the sect are three times more likely to be diagnosed as suffering . Nothing is interpreted but the interpretation comes from God and is then published . ***. No wonder this has a dramatic effect on the Witnesses' ability to convert and retain members - in the western world they have still to recover from the 1995 announcement. | As I stated earlier about the account in Luke 17:26-28 referring to the occurrence (event) of the end versus the period of time it would seem that clear thinking would prevent us from trying to attach a length of time of any sort to the presence of Jesus Christ based upon the account in Matthew citied in the article. As we have seen in recent years, subtlety isn't working; they've gone bat-crap crazy in their bluntness. We obey the good news when we apply it in our lives. Well, I'll be, let's see74 then. Jehovah's Witness 'ordered to renounce faith and join Russian army' Europe. 38:23) Yes, Armageddon is good news for those who know God, obey his Son, and endure to the end.Matt. (2 Tim. Why will the proclamation of peace and security be a dangerous lie? A group of Jehovah's Witnesses stand on a street corner on August 16, 2019 in Lawrence, Massachusetts. The statement in the footnote appears to ignore the parallel account in Luke 17:26-28: Moreover, just as it occurred in the days of Noah, so it will be also in the days of the Son of man: 27 they were eating, they were drinking, men were marrying, women were being given in marriage, until that day when Noah entered into the ark, and the flood arrived and destroyed them all. Even so, we can endure with joy. The general warnings about the nearness of the end, no matter how strongly they are worded, will simply not have the same impact as a definite prediction. Eventually the governing body will stomach the idea of promoting 2034 as the possible date for the end (120 years from 1914 - 'just as the days of Noah will the days of the son of man be'). But there is one important difference between the two conflicts. 5:31) At Armageddon, Gods enemies will likewise perish, while those who love God will be saved. His mother died 16 years later in 1954, refusing a blood transfusion for a life-saving operation. Each year they gather into the organization tens of thousands of new ministers, clearly a product of Jehovah's spirit operating through his invisible King-Son and his angelic representatives, then through his faithful slave class on earth today.- . But what happened to the mood of reform? (Rev. No; Christ Jesus the King has not entrusted that office to them. 16 By their fruits YOU will recognize them Have Jehovah?s Witnesses and the ?Faithful and Discrete Slave? . A replacement for Freddy is still awaited. I would seem that things are being revealed at the proper time to encourage the preaching work. http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/65453/1/Comments-You-Will-Not-Hear-at-the-1-25-04-WT-Study. Anointed who 'saw the events of 1914' born Dec 31, 1914 11:59pm dies Dec 31, 2034 at 11:59 pm.. At that very moment the 'generation' that will see Armageddon is born Dec 31, 2034 at 11:59 and lives another 120 years thusly it is 'logical evidence' that Armageddon shall commence in 2154. Good, I'll be too old to give a damn anyway. latest And oh yeah! Only 120 years more and Jehovah would bring 'the deluge of waters upon the earth to bring to ruin all flesh in which the force of life is active from under the heavens.' The current president is Don Adams. Just as the early Christian congregation collectively served as the channel of communication from heaven to earth, so in our time. "it was clearly suggested"? So Jehovahs servants will not receive part of her plagues. Still, their faith will be tested. obviously its not a real talk but has anyone heard of this? Further, they totally ignore the Lords declaration that all the signs of Matthew 24:5-33 were to be fulfilled in the A.D. 70 event. Russell, Studies in the Scriptures, Vol. 2034,that would make my husband 84yrs old.But i thought it was any day now.Same crap,keep the flock in line with death threats no matter how long it takes. "Why 1999? They knew that they had made a mistake about 1975, but at the same time they knew that the generation was fast running out in any case and that the end must come within a couple of decades at the most. At conventions the shock announcement was made - the 'generation' was reformulated so that it could stretch into the foreseeable future. Yes, they have. [Christ] outlined things that would befall the Jewish nation during the execution of Jehovahs judgment upon Jerusalem at the hands of the Roman general Titus (Dan. (Genesis 6:3) The issuance of this divine decree in 2490 B.C.E. In Matthew 24:5ff, Christ set forth a number of signs that would herald the impending destruction of Jerusalem. The second text to which our friends appeal in support of their imminent Armageddon theory is found in Pauls second epistle to Timothy. Never in these instances, however, did they presume to originate predictions 'in the name of Jehovah.' Fred Franz managed to publish more definite statements about 1975 than the other members would have liked. You would likely increase cash flow. Have you meditated on how you will respond? Figures increased greatly leading up to 1975 and there was great expectation. 'He that does the will of God remains forever,' states the Bible. 19-20. Personally, having lived through the 1975 era as an adult, fully aware of the speculation and expectations associated with that time, along with the effect that it had on brothers around me, I am not excited to see the prospect of a similar event occurring as a result of the above statements. With presumptuousness the prophet spoke it . We can benefit from this consideration. Tweet. Let us take a closer look at those two major events. About Press Copyright Contact us Creators Advertise Developers Terms Privacy Policy & Safety How YouTube works Test new features Press Copyright Contact us Creators . Answer (1 of 23): Jehovah God is the ONLY one who decides who will have the privilege of being anointed/born again or not. 2, p. 98-99, 1889), 1908 "In view of this strong Bible evidence concerning the Times of the Gentiles, we consider it an established truth that the final end of the kingdoms of this world, and the full establishment of the Kingdom of God, will be accomplished at the end of A. D. They will not even be armed! Scans of the english article were posted here a while back. rutus produceremus solvendus domino pingit emittetis in Hebrew Gematria equals 3532: r 80 u 200 t 100 u 200 s 90 0 p 60 r 80 o 50 d 4 u 200 c 3 e 5 r 80 e 5 m 30 u 200 s 90 0 s 90 o 50 l 20 v 700 e 5 n 40 d 4 u 200 s 90 0 d 4 o 50 m 30 i 9 n 40 o 50 0 p 60 i 9 n 40 g 7 i 9 t 100 0 e 5 m 30 i 9 t 100 t 100 e 5 t 100 i 9 s in Hebrew Gematria equals 3532: r 80 u 200 t 100 . But what happens when an elder's reasoning is confronted with . Only 120 years more and Jehovah would bring 'the deluge of waters upon the earth to bring to ruin all flesh, Some 90 years have passed since the last days of this system of things began in 1914. The prospect of dying at Armageddon is a terrible thing for a Jehovahs Witness because they are taught that . I don't know what I am talking about read this post at your peril. ;-). 1914." Sadly, this trend is affecting Jehovah's Witnesses around the world. watchtower THE WATCHTOWERSTUDY EDITION September2019, Share 16:16; ftn.) 1993 3/22 Why So Many False Alarms? In my opinion, there are 2 ways they can go: 1 - Mainstream - drop shunning, make blood conscious matter, focus less on field service and more on community projects (sort of like the LDS), turn Bethel into the JW version of BYU, push getting a good education instead of vilifying college, etc. How about just being aware, alert, ready? WT just did a publicity thing trumping up Isaac Newton in one of the mags this past autumn. Our chronology, however, which is reasonably accurate (but admittedly not infallible), at the best only points to the autumn of 1975 as the end of 6,000 years of man's existence on earth. 32:8) We will trust in Jehovah our Goda stand that will seem foolish to the nations. (Ezek. How can we be among those who will be saved at Armageddon? Is it just me, or do they swing from one extreme to another? . 2023 Fortify Your Faith Foundation. (Ezek. "-just not so near as before?). 30:15; Rev. This means that 0.236% of Jehovah's Witnesses have died of Covid-19, over 4 times higher than the global rate in August 2021 of 0.051%. 20:1-3. But, I am fearfully confident that many others will do so and this will be a question many will ask. HAVE you heard people apply the word Armageddon to a nuclear war or an environmental disaster? Not from the WT officially, but a conjecture that it is a possible foundation date for the future. Where the Adventists have been, the Witnesses will follow. Megiddo was a city in ancient Israel. Their organization, being patterned after the first-century Christian congregation, is blessed by Jehovah. If an organization is to be fully theocratic, it must be directed and controlled altogether by God and by the forces he operates. Since the generation that overlapped with the eagle-eyed anointed that saw the enthronement that also overlapped the end of the gentile times. Armageddon Is Good News! 8 Replies ^ par. That's awful far away. and the award for longest subject title for a thread goes to What about 1931+120? But this lie will be especially dangerous because it will give people a false sense of security just before the greatest tribulation in human history begins. Was the Siege at Jerusalem in A.D. 70 the Worst in World History? Back in 1998, before I read anything apostate, I was having a conversation with an elderly sister about when the end might come. Moreover, the need to revise our understanding somewhat does not make us false prophets or change the fact that we are living in "the last days," soon to experience the "great tribulation" that will pave the way for the earthly Paradise. ***15 Yes, Jehovah's people have had to revise expectations from time to time. First, he will destroy Babylon the Great, the world empire of false religion. How do we know that Armageddon refers to a symbolic place? How foolish to take the view that expectations needing some adjustment should call into question the whole body of truth! Answer the door. (Watchtower 1925, p. 56), 1940 The Kingdom is here, the King is enthroned. Nevertheless, the proclamation will be just another demon-inspired lie. Witness leaders nowadays do not have the luxury of an 'open the window' period of reform, although there have been some small moves in that dirrection. *** Awake! Now, all they have to do is shift the start date to 1914 and they've got 2034 to look forward to.

Dreamland Ballroom Chicago, Laramie Fishing Report, Articles J

jehovah's witnesses armageddon 2034